Training and responsibilities will include the following:
- Tree pruning
- Clearing areas
- Hedge cutting
- Emergency tree work
- Felling and dismantling
Potential to progress into a Lead Climber or Lead Groundsman role.
You will be expected to work in all outdoor conditions.
- Good communication skills
- Able to problem solve
- Practical skills and a knowledge of the outdoor environment
- Hard working with a good work ethic
- Reliable and punctual
- Keen to learn
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-E for a Level 2. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Standard.
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Safe use of Pesticides
- Soft- landscaping includes the establishment and maintenance of plants and cultivated areas
- Hard-landscaping includes establishment of hard surfaces and structures in addition to the establishment of plants in cultivated area