- Analyse bulk materials for the presence of asbestos
- Book in samples for analysis
- Prepare samples for analysis
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Follow procedures and ensure the high-quality standard is met
- Keep the laboratory clean and tidy
- Conduct daily face velocity checks
- Store analysed samples in an orderly manner for easy retrieval
- Administration and general office support when required
- Maintaining impartiality and reporting any possible risks to impartiality
- Ensuring work is conducted in line with the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012, and other statutory instruments, guidance or Methods published by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Process data in line with the GDPR and Vintec’s Data Protection Policy, including safe usage, storing and sharing of data
- Report data and cyber security concerns and breaches to line manager
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3 Laboratory Technician) provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers.
The experience & qualifications gained from this apprenticeship will prove invaluable to the successful candidate.
Future prospects include (but are not limited to):
- The prospect of a full time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Progression to RSci Tech.
- The possibility of a L4+ qualification.
- Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised.
- Can you reliably commute to and from your place of work for the 21 months of the apprenticeship programme?
- DL would be nice to have.
- No manual handing concerns
- Must be 18+ for insurance purposes
- Attention to detail – has a keen eye for detail, identifying and acting on anomalies.
- Problem solving – considers problems from all perspectives and offers us suitable solutions. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving.
- Decision making – able to tell the difference between important and irrelevant information to reach a conclusion. Can make decisions independently. Believes in the decision they have made.
- Teamwork – an effective team player. Identify opportunities to support in the delivery of shared goals. Show a strong team ethic.
- Communication – an excellent written and verbal communicator capable of interacting with stakeholders internal and external to the business. Can distil complex issues into simple, understandable language.
- Proficient with basic IT software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Desire to learn and progress
- Strong communicator
- Integrity and honesty
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 in Maths and English
- Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English (if required)