Apprentice – Lab Technician
Bioanalysis Centre Ltd
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
The job holder will :
- Learn how to prepare samples for analysis using standard techniques
- How to run the samples on our instruments and how to analyse and present the data to clients.
- In addition the job holder will learn how to operate within a good laboratory practice (glp) environment.
- This will involve learning how to calibrate and check all instruments in our laboratory and maintain accurate records to show that this has been done.
- The job holder will report directly to the manager.
The skills learnt in this role will open up opportunities in all areas of the life sciences sector (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biotechnology & contract research organisations).
There is the opportunity for the right candidate to continue working with us after the apprenticeship has been completed
Working hours will usually be 9 – 5:00 but longer hours may sometimes be needed depending on client workloads
- Good numeracy
- Practical approach to lab work
- Good people skills
- Scientific curiosity
- Desire to learn new skills
- High levels of resilience to cope when setbacks occur
- Able to produce consistently high quality work
GCSE or Functional skills passes in maths, English and Chemistry
Laboratory technician level 3 standard
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.