What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer, you will learn to undertake all tasks and responsibilities of the Kitchen Sales Designer role.
- To plan and design inspirational kitchens using the Company’s range of products
- You will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate the customer’s needs
- To effectively communicate with builders and the end user, amending plans as required
- An essential part of this role is using your product knowledge confidently, to ensure that you deal with customer enquiries before, during and after sales
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations whilst in the depot and while on site visits
- To provide the customer with enough choice, advice and aftersales to leave a lasting impression of the Depot
- To achieve and exceed individual and Depot targets
- To negotiate prices ensuring you are maintaining growth on your margin
- Manage and maintain your own lead bank, keeping it updated and staying in contact with the customer
- To provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of service
- To assist with any other reasonable request to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities but outlines the main points of the role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely progress with the off the job apprenticeship work
- Positive customer feedback and progress through 1-2-1 reviews
- Sales revenue generated from kitchen plans
- Targets met or exceeded
- Completion of the Apprenticeship Standard or Framework, supported by the training provider
- To dedicate time to apprenticeship related independent studies, development, and assignments
- Prioritisation and staying organised particularly during busy periods, daily tasks, and additional responsibilities.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and fellow team members, while working towards your individual targets
- Constantly reviewing the new products and staying commercially aware demonstrating credible product knowledge
- Manage your lead bank to reach its full potential, providing excellent customer service and staying in contact with the customer during the process
- Effectively influencing the customer and making persuasive recommendations on how to proceed with their kitchen design needs and closing the sale
- Maintaining a high calibre of work at all times, whilst staying organised and motivated in a positive manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Level 3 Fitted Furniture Design Technician you will learn how to:
- Work safely at all times following relevant legislation and regulations and ensuring the safety of self and others
- Plan, organise and manage furniture design and/or installation projects from conception to completion
- Create suitable fitted furniture designs and concepts for furniture to be installed meeting customer requirements
- Present fitted furniture designs to customers in order to get buy-in and agree next stages
- Survey locations accurately in order to produce suitable designs for furniture to be installed
- Provide accurate quotes to customers, cost and price fitted furniture concept designs using quoting software systems in order to secure sales
- Maintain fitted furniture retail showrooms in good condition in order to gain customers interest in products and services
- Deliver on fitted furniture sales targets and enhance opportunities for further income growth.
- Provide an effective fitted furniture after-sales service to customers to maintain and enhance business reputation and secure repeat business
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Deliver excellent customer service, realise and maintain customer expectations when working in a fitted furniture design environment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression within Howdens, and the depot.
Reality CheckAll employees must not, without permission, disclose any information regarding staff. In instances where it is known that a member of staff has communicated information to unauthorised persons, those staff may be liable to disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Creative, Initiative, Hold a valid driving license
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired