At Howdens you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Are you confident and creative with excellent attention to detail? As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer you will learn how to survey, design and sell kitchens to achieve targets and contribute to the overall success of the depot.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
- How to conduct a kitchen survey, including measuring a room and identifying & recording locations of services
- Questioning skills to enable you to obtain the customers’ requirements
- How to transfer a hand drawn plan to our CAD system and prepare it for presentation
- How to prepare an accurate quote from your plan
- How to present a kitchen design to demonstrate it has met your customers’ requirements
- Sales skills including objection handling and closing
- Lead follow up and management
- After sales care
- Support from our chosen training partner to meet the requirements of a Customer Service Apprenticeship standard
- Working as part of a team
Ongoing training and Learning.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good timekeeping
- Willingness to learn
- We are looking for smart, friendly people with excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn
- You will be confident, tenacious, and hungry to succeed, with a flexible approach to working and learning in a fast paced environment
No qualifications required.
Alongside this job role, you also will be studying towards your:
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and maths