What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist and support the existing team with a wide and varied caseload of primarily corporate insolvency assignments
- Assistance in drafting letters and reports to external stakeholders such as debtors, creditors and financial institutions;
- Work with the team in providing support to new and existing clients in reviewing their financial position and formulating strategies, where required, in distressed situations.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of being an apprentice with PKF Smith Cooper, the candidate would be required to undertake professional exams in AAT (Associate of Accounting Technicians) to further develop their understanding and to progress their career opportunities within the Business Recovery and Insolvency department, and, or the firm.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career development with PKF Smith Cooper.
- Further studies with PKF Smith Cooper if the candidate desires e.g. higher AAT levels
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Resilience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade Pass) Desired