Working in a highly respected local Jewellery shop selling both modern and vintage jewellery, we have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to take on a retail role with a difference!
Whilst undertaking a Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship, the successful candidate will gain a good grounding for a career within the jewellery retail sector, learning not only the key elements of good quality customer service and care, but also jewellery care, qualities of semi-precious gemstones and metals.
If you are interested in starting a career in this fascinating and diverse sector, then this role could be ideal for you.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can think on their feet, be confident, have good Customer service skills and the ability to put customers at ease, whilst also having a god eye for detail. They should also have an interest in marketing and promoting the goods and have confidence with emails and social media.
A typical day in this role would entail:
- Opening up the shop and preparing the counter and window displays
- Serving customers in the shop
- Assisting customers with their decision making
- Marketing products on social media and in store
- Booking in repairs
- Watch battery and strap changes
- Stock control
- Dealing with online enquiries and orders including emails
- Packing & Posting orders
- Customer Transactions
- Answering the Telephone
- Research into products
- Removing jewellery from displays at the end of the day
- Keeping display units and shop clean
There is potential for this opportunity to lead to full time employment after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Friendly manner
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- An outgoing personality
- Good attention to detail
- Minimum Grade D/3 GCSE English or Maths or equivalent
Level 2 Retailer provided by Swarm Apprenticeships