What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide first line support to students and staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment
- Assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked and computer-related equipment
- Install and configure software applications
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary
- Assist with the upkeep of the school’s IT asset register/inventory
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Cloud Network Specialist
- Provided by QA limited
- Online training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- If the candidate proves sucessful, there is the possibility of a permanent job on the IT team
Reality CheckDesirable skills: • Knowledge and experience of working with the Microsoft product set • Knowledge and experience of working with Apple product set
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, • be receptive to new ideas
Qualifications RequiredOther English (Grade 4/5) Desired
Other Maths (Grade 4/5) Desired