What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under the guidance and support from the Senior IT Technician(s) develop your IT skills in line with your apprenticeship program.
- Receive training from your apprenticeship provider, undertake apprenticeship coursework and other work required by your apprenticeship provider.
- Provide 1st line IT support to staff and students
- Provide IT support to users and ensure all jobs are logged within the Helpdesk System (Every)
- Ensure that the IT equipment is fully functioning and perform regular maintenance on IT equipment as directed. Setting up new machines, swapping faulty devices, carry out fault-finding, repair equipment where possible and organise external repairs where
- Help to ensure the smooth running of all computer equipment within the College and responding to urgent IT issues.
- Assist in keeping an accurate equipment register of all valuable resources within the ICT area and carrying out the Portable Appliance Testing and security marking of equipment as appropriate.
- Assist in supporting the College’s audio visual systems and solving projector, interactive televisions and whiteboard issues, including all school events such as open and parent evenings.
- Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the College’s IT policy and be aware of and advise your line manager on all Health and Safety matters relating
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete the Level 3 Information Communications Technician qualification. Training will be provided 'on the job' in College, supported by your mentor in school and The Apprentice and Training Partnership.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Level 3 qualification will provide you with opportunities to progress further in the IT industry. Within College, it provides the opportunity to progress to the position of IT Technician or Senior IT Technician, and with further qualifations to a Network Manager role.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential