This exciting new role is based in one of Leigh Academy Trust's special schools, Milestone Academy.
● Respond to requests for ICT support in accordance with Help Desk procedures and SLA Priorities
● Support and maintain all the Academies Trust IT hardware and services.
● Assist in the installation or repair of Windows computers with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their day to day use within operations.
● Assist in a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer networking and desktop services, primarily in connection with existing installations and upgrading of these installations. (desktop computers, IWB's, printers, telephones, scanners, projector’s lecterns and digital signage).
● Assist in the monitoring of the performance of hardware and software with a view to pursuing particular or recurring problems.
● Assist in the monitoring of the use of software and ensuring that all software is licensed GDPR compliant and supported sufficiently.
● Assist in the evaluation of the performance of various items of equipment, determine their suitability for specific applications and prepare reports as required.
● Assist in the asset tagging of hardware and updating of the asset register.
● To evaluate the performance of various items of hardware and services such as VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), printing, AV and desktop software, determine their suitability for specific applications and prepare reports as required.
● Assist in general duties such as moving IT equipment and Weee Disposal.
● Assist projects during renewal periods mainly over school holidays.
permanent roles may be offered following successful completion of apprenticeship
• Knowledge of current IT best practice, products and statutory requirements.
• Knowledge of servicing Windows desktop systems, software and services.
• Knowledge of supporting services to users such as VOIP, networked printing and photocopying services and user services such as web access, Google data storage and retrieval, Google email services various software packages.
Strategic Awareness and Planning:
• An awareness of the impact of the availability and quality of IT services and support on the achievement of the Academies objectives.
Teamwork / communication:
An ability to communicate efficiently and confidently to both academic staff and students. Problem solving:
• An ability to analyze issues, make informed judgments’, take appropriate actions and accept responsibility for results.
• An ability to explain technical issues in an accessible way to non-technical Academy members. An ability to communicate effectively with Academy members at all levels of seniority.
• A positive and helpful attitude towards work and colleagues.
Willingness to perform above and beyond normal expectation when necessary.
• An ability to adapt successfully to changing circumstances, identify fresh approaches and question traditional approaches and assumptions. Be prepared to work unusual hours on occasions in cases of operational necessity.
GCSEs A* - C, Maths and English
Training is provided by LAT Apprenticeships and follows the level 3 ICT apprenticeship programme.
This programme is day release every Wednesday at The Leigh UTC in Dartford
Typical duration is 21 months