Apprentice IT Technician - 19240
1st Technologies Ltd
Main role & responsibilities:
- Cosmetically grading and refurbishing a wide variety of IT hardware
- Testing and updating decommissioned ex-corporate equipment
- Perform fault finding and diagnosis when presented with errors during testing phases
- Disassembling and testing components from systems
- Assembling and testing of custom configuration major brand PC’s, servers and workstations from new and refurbished parts to industry standards
- Reinstalling operating systems
- ERP system training to understand how the various functions integrate the whole organisation
- Adding, editing and removing items from the inventory system
- Working closely with team members to achieve co-ordinated production targets, help resolve recurring production issues and contribute new information to the internal knowledge base
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Company laptop
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reward scheme
- Free car parking
- Fully equipped canteen
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Have an excellent work ethic
- Eager to learn anew skills and be responsible for your personal development
- Able to effectively listen and communicate with colleagues and management
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient Microsoft Office user – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to be empathetic and supportive towards colleagues
- Have a passion for technology
- A team player who is willing to show initiative and go the extra mile
5 GCSE’s including a minimum of grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.