What will the apprentice be doing?
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work within a busy company delivering IT Support for individuals and businesses.
This provides an opportunity for someone to build their experience and skills base, whilst also studying for a Level 3 IT Technician qualification.
Day to day the role will be varied and not two days alike, but will include:
• Providing 1st line helpdesk support to customers
• Log and respond to tickets on the helpdesk
• Installing and troubleshooting networks.
• Computer troubleshooting and repairs.
• Business IT support in person and over the phone.
• Configuring and testing hardware components networks and devices.
• Auditing existing IT systems.
• Monthly service packages.
• Catching up with industry news and security bulletins.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Additional training will be provided in the workplace by means of online sessions.
On successsful completion of the Apprenticeship, you will be awarded a L3 ICT qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On succesful completion of the Apprenticeship, there is opportunity to move into full time employment.
Reality CheckYou’ll be IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft products Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as a good grasp of some of the technical aspects of Windows 10/11
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential