Apprentice IT Support Technician
Technolog Group Ltd
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Our client, Technolog Limited are looking for an apprentice to join their technical support team who has a great passion for the IT Sector. Maybe you have built a computer or fixed one for friends and family? The key to this role is having strong communication skills and a flair for technology.
Initially you will start on Technolog Limited's IT helpdesk, however if you wanted to become more site based as an Engineer, they will support you with this.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets
- Assist with setting up new PC’s/Laptops and setting up new users on internal systems
- Learning how to Network PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
- Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues through remote access and on-site support
- Deal with remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office to communicate with
- Help out with general administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings
For the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 IT apprenticeship will be an option alongside securing a full-time position.
Dependent on the successful candidates' experience; the overall annual wage for this role could be between £10,000 to £15,000.
It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly; any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application.
If you possess the following knowledge this would be beneficial:
- Basic experience in supporting Windows 7/8 and MS Office products, Dell, -Toshiba and HP hardware (standard desktop, laptop)
- Basic experience/understanding in Unified communications and collaboration
- A basic understanding of Telephony (preferably VoIP)
- The potential basic experience using service/help desk ticketing solution
- An understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN)#
The following skills are an essential
- General excellent time management skills
- The ability to work without supervision, and as part of a team
- Good overall strong written and verbal communication skills, and customer-service oriented
- A proven and methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Possessing excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Hard working
- High attention to detail
- Forward thinking
- Technical minded
- Excellent communicator
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A*-C/9-4 including maths and English (or equivalents).
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free