Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Work in conjunction with the IT Manager and the support Team
- Work alongside the IT Manager on the applications, telephony, infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs
- Support the IT Manager to handle the day-to-day user requests from the service desk system, ticketing/installations and upgrades
- The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly skilled IT Apprentices
- Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning, which will teach a range of new skills including Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process
- Develop social media strategies with the team to gain a bigger following in order to increase traffic to the website
As well as build Bespoke computer systems and servers, offering telephone technical support, remote support, network installations, callout support, and other IT skills as time and progress goes on.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Benefits of the role:
• Annual leave
• Summer and winter socials, plus quarterly socials
• Other employee benefits
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Have good communication/ telephone skills
- Should work well alone as well as in a team
- Be prepared to provide the highest level of customer service to our customers
- Have a flexible approach to work (be able to undertake other duties)
- Ability to recognise and respond to urgent customer requests
- Professional approach
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions
- Never be afraid to ask for help
- A personable person with a willingness to learn
- A can-do attitude is essential
The candidate will need to have at least 5 GCSEs (C and above) including maths and English.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services