Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst - 19372
Muir Group Housing Association Ltd
We work to SLAs with our customers and you’ll be responsible, after training, for the quality of information logged into our Call Management system – you will be expected to accurately log support tickets into our Call Management system in a timely manner.
Role and Responsibilities: [Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- The timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails
- Using the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
- Recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new IT equipment prior to customer handover
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus
We’re looking for you to develop the role so that, in time, you become the first point of contact for all incoming issues to the Help Desk – freeing up other members of the team to concentrate on the resolution of issues to meet our agreed SLAs.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Essential car users are given a generous car allowance as well as mileage allowance (for relevant posts)
- Free Car Parking
- Fully funded Christmas Party
- Free eye tests with added £20.00 off glasses at Specsavers
- Long Service Awards - gift to the value of £250 after 25 years’ service
- Retirement Gift of £250.00
- The Association encourages sponsorship towards professional Qualification’s including day release
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Career breaks
- Cycle to Work Scheme (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Lone worker protection
- Staff Activity Fund
The Association runs a flexitime system. The working week for full time employees is 35 hours and for part-time employees the Association ensures that hours can be arranged to suit both parties.
- No absence through sickness (1 additional day’s leave per annum)
- Staff getting married (1 additional day’s leave per annum)
- Moving home (1 additional day’s leave per annum)
- Enhanced Maternity (return to work bonus of one month’s salary and Paternity Leave (Two weeks at normal rate of pay)
- Medicash Scheme (Muir pay towards contribution of £4.33 per month when two years’ service is completed)
Salary range dependant on experience from 18k rising to 22K upon successful completion.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal Good organisation skills and be willing to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- We expect you to be self-motivated, efficient and well-organised with a keen attention for detail
- You’ll be IT-literate with skills in the use of: Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel, Telephony, Mobile devices
Experience in supporting the following:
- Microsoft application stack
- Mobile devices
- Thin client
- Desktop and Laptops
- Enthusiasm for IT and technology
- 1 - 2 years in a similar 1st line helpdesk role
Minimum 5 GCSE Grades (C/4 and above) or equivalent, including maths and English.
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.