Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
Socotec UK Ltd
Baltic Apprenticeships are delighted to be working in partnership with SOCOTEC, the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, with comprehensive solutions in:
- Compliance Services
- Laboratory & Analytical Services
- Building Control
Due to continued success, SOCOTEC are currently looking to expand their team through the addition of a new IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice at their office in Burton Upon Trent!
If you’re looking to build up your experience and begin a career in IT, this is an excellent opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will be passionate about IT and eager to develop themselves.
Find out more about information about SOCOTEC here! - https://www.socotec.co.uk/
Roles & Responsibilities:
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management System, from both phone calls and incoming emails
- Be responsible for formal call logging, producing clear descriptions relating to users problems and ensuring timely and efficient solutions
- Carry out first line fixes when taking a call such as password resets and drive mappings
- Recognise when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- Configure and test new IT and communications equipment prior to install at customer site
- Work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and SOCOTEC.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
- IT literate
- Self-motivated & well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
A basic knowledge of how a PC works and what the components are.
Grade 4/C GCSE or equivalent in maths, English and ICT.
The successful candidate will work towards the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.