What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working closely with our IT Engineers, you would respond to incidents and requests from customers, assisting in the diagnosis of device faults and ensuring optimal availability of IT equipment to our learners and staff.
- The role will consist of Active Directory and Microsoft 365, testing and evaluating new software, assisting in the installation of IT equipment and software and ensuring calls are logged and monitored effectively.
- You should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems. You will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with good customer service and communication skills.
- You will be well-organised and keen to learn about new IT systems and technologies. We will support you to obtain a Level 3 Apprenticeship in IT Solutions Technician.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week at Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship. Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full level 3 IT qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?To be discussed at the interview.
Reality CheckWe offer a generous holiday allowance, free car parking, Local Government Pension Scheme and many opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development within our supportive and friendly team. Salary in the range of £9,004.32 - £17,784.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential