Apprentice Insurance Assistant
T.I.C. (UK) LIMITED
NORTH LANCS. TRAINING GROUP LIMITED(THE)
TIC (UK) Limited T/A The Insurance Centre is seeking to recruit an apprentice for both our Lancaster and Knott End offices. The position would ideally suit an individual looking to develop a career in insurance.
As an apprentice you would be expected to develop a thorough understanding of customers, the organisation, regulation and legislation, products and service knowledge. You would develop your interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills as well as a range of behaviours specific to customer service roles in insurance.
Apprentices will be expected to pass Customer Service in Insurance Exam CII IF9 and produce a portfolio of evidence for general insurance.
Within the office you would:
- Follow a training plan with practical ‘on-the-job’ training
- Gain working knowledge about relevant commercial and personal lines insurance products
- Provide administration support to colleagues in all aspects of insurance
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer in all aspects of the role
Skills and experience required:
- Good academic background supported by good grades at A-level and/or GCSE (or equivalents) in subjects that include English and Maths
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of using Microsoft Word and Excel
There will be progression in the future to provide customers with insurance quotes and new policies and adjustments of existing policies.
There are progression routes to insurance handling, insurance sales, or office management.
To continue onto full time employment.
- Numerate and literate
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Numerate and literate
- Work well as part of a team and on own initiative
No formal qualifications required.
- Level 2 NVQ in Customer service
- Functional Skills English and Maths (if required)
Work based learning.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.