The successful candidate will be looking to join a rapidly growing team and wanting to work in a customer facing environment. The successful candidate will join our Customer Support Team who provide a single point of contact to our customers for IT related issues. Previous support experience is not mandatory, however, what is absolutely essential, is having the desire and ability to learn proactively and upskill quickly.
Your day to day responsibilities could include:
- Provide first line support for IT related issues and requests with a focus on Office 365
- Provide assistance by phone and email using a ticket management system
- Track issues to resolution
- Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and applications
- Maintain user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams
- Quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact
- Follow up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams
96% of Arch apprentices move straight into the destination of their choice when they finish their apprenticeship, with many seeing their salary go up immediately post-apprenticeship!
Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself:
- Do I live close enough to Harbour Exchange Square that I could commute there and back every day?
- Do I meet the qualifications required for this role?
- Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months?
- Do I want to work in the IT industry and have I researched into it?
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Office 365, its various applications such as SharePoint and subscriptions is desirable
- Logical thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- IT savvy
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment
- Desire and ability to learn proactively and upskill quickly
- Possessing a logical and methodical approach
- Keen to learn
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C/4 or above including English and maths.
- Standard: Infrastructure Technician (Level 3 apprenticeship)
- Functional Skills (if required)
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills