- Initially, to provide support to 1st line mend/fix support in a helpdesk environment
- When trained and competent, you will be involved in 2nd and 3rd line fix, being a vital line of escalation for complex problems
- Eventually, you will take an active part in a range of projects including new customer builds and installs
- Full training will be provided in order for you to take ownership and responsibility for diagnosing, solving and managing complex issues such as maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting server and data centre infrastructure
- You will also gain the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience on mending and fixing photocopiers
You will be required to work independently, be resourceful and show particular attention to detail. Therefore, you must have an aptitude to learn, develop and adapt as circumstances or technologies change.
Opportunity for a permanent position and progression within the company for the right person.
Salary will be determined on the basis of knowledge, skills and experience.
Driving licence/own transport would be advantageous.
- Citrix Accredited
- Microsoft Accredited
- VMware Accredited
- SAN Storage
- Exchange 2013
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise/multi-task
- Ability to stay calm and focused
- Confident work as part of a team
- Comfortable use your own initiative
- Committed to further development through training
- Minimum of 4 X GCSEs grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths or equivalent
- A prior IT related qualification is advantageous, but not essential
Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship standard.
Qualification together with onsite training by the employer.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Modules include:
- KM1 Networking and Architecture
- KM2 Mobile and Operating Systems
- KM3 Cloud Services
- KM4 Coding and Logic
- KM5 Business Process
- MTA Networking