Key responsibilities will include:
- Offering both a prompt response and a proactive resolution to all support issues within the SLA
- Answering customer support calls in a timely, clear, and professional manner
- Assisting customer as first line technical support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the simple issues (for example, checking network details, troubleshoot network connection, username, and password)
- Promptly escalate more complex issues to second line technical team
- Support our engineers on setting up the network within the device during installation
- Configure network details on devices (set up IP address, gateway, port forwarding etc.)
- Configure new devices to SQL database on our server
- As the internal IT support to maintain the network within the office and to assist in setting up ad hoc devices into our office network
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue with a higher level of apprenticeship (e.g. Level 4-6) or to progress into full-time employment.
- 28 days of annual leave including 8 bank holidays
- Our office is located near a bus stop and the Guildford train station (onsite parking is also available)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a high level of written and spoken English skills
- As it is our company's business nature to deal with international customers, proficiency in any modern foreign languages (e.g. French, Spanish) will be an added bonus but not a requirement
- Willingness to learn and to be involved in multiple business functions
- Be organised and able to work under pressure - demonstrate ability to prioritize works and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Analytical approach to problem solving
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.