A normal day would include:
- Provide first and second line ICT and AV support to the school’s staff and students
- Pro-actively monitor the ICT Helpdesk for incoming requests and respond in a timely fashion
- Escalate requests to the ICT Network Manager when required
- To escalate repairs to third parties when required
- Take responsibility for workstations, laptops, interactive whiteboards, and other locally installed hardware such as printers and scanners
- Check ICT suite performance and physical condition periodically
- To monitor and replenish printer toner stock levels and other consumable parts.
- To update the ICT Asset Management system as required
- To support the school in the use of the PA System
- To provide Audio Visual support in classrooms, assemblies and other events as required
- To assist the Network Manager with project works in the school holidays
- Together with the Network Manager, provide cover in ICT3 at lunchtimes
- Provide a professional, timely and highly effective support service to all staff, students, parents, and governors
- Prioritise workloads and support requests appropriately
- To play an active part in the development of pupils through positive interaction with pupils of all ages, and directly supporting learning where possible
- Use initiative to pro-actively and reactively troubleshoot and resolve ICT and AV issues
- Undertake any other responsibilities, reasonably requested by the Headteacher
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Able to communicate with a wide range of personnel including parents, staff, students, Trafford LA employees etc.
- To have a flexible approach to the role - the ability to work long hours when required and shorter hours at quieter times of the school year
- To be able to promote and market the school
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
ICT qualification (is desirable).
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)