What will the apprentice be doing?
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- To provide a range of technical and general ICT support to staff and students within the school
- To accurately record, update and document requests for ICT support using the IT service desk system
- Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, printer, peripheral and software errors
- Perform routine checks on PCs and ICT suites, ensuring maintenance and general housekeeping tasks are completed regularly
- Provide support and assistance in the set up and operation of audio/visual/multimedia equipment
- To set up the school hall for assemblies and meetings
- To set up and maintain user accounts
- Assist the Network Manager in maintaining an inventory of computer hardware
- Produce and maintain documentation and training materials for the school knowledge base
- Provide training to staff on new systems and processes
- Managing printers – usage, stock control and replacing toners/cartridges
- Maintain the school website and ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Maintain VOIP systems and printer management
- Maintain and manage the distribution of student and staff laptops.
- Ensure users are able to access resources when working from home as part of remote learning. These include but are not limited to use of VPN to access network drives and SIMS.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Information Communications Technician - Level 3 (A level)
- South and City College Birmingham - 1 day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility to be kept on upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential