Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. We are looking to recruit an apprentice to join our Technical Support team in delivering first rate service and troubleshooting technical incidents.
Main duties will involve but not exclusively include:
- Providing customer support, helping to resolve problem efficiently
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for the customer
- Work with the team to support customers
- Carrying out equipment and software installations and creating technical documentation
- Ensure all projects are delivered and installed within the timescales set
This apprenticeship is an ideal start to your career in IT. You will work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service in an office based IT Support position. Dolphin are looking for self motivated, enthusiastic and an IT Literate individual looking to start a career in IT!
If this sounds like you, then apply for this fantastic opportunity today!
There is the opportunity to progress within the business on a higher level apprenticeship.
Can you get to the employer’s location? Dolphin Computer access are experienced Apprenticeship employers who have successfully apprenticed individuals up to the National standard and have offered full time opportunities or higher level progression opportunities at the end of the apprenticeship. The learner will be allocated a workplace mentor to support them through their apprenticeship.
- Educated to at least GCSE level, including Maths and English at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent qualifications)
- IT literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An IT qualification would be a distinct advantage
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control
- Communication and team working skills are essential
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity
Minimum of 4 X GCSEs grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
Information Communications Technician Standard:
- Qualification together with on-site training by the employer
- For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months plus 4 months End Point Assessment Stage
- There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship