Main role / responsibilities:
- Be the first port of call for all your school’s ICT needs
- Provide great communication with your schools – so they know exactly when you are coming and when your next visit is – including notice of any changes to schedule
- Ensure that your schools are aware of and are using the customer portal
- Ensure that your schools are aware of all of our services including installations service, training, teaching support, MIS Support & GDPR
- Work with the school development team to ensure that the school are getting the best level of service
- Requesting, follow up and closing quotes with adequate description and detail
- Keeping areas of work and responsibility clean, tidy and organised
- Ensure behaviour, including appearance and punctuality, meets standards outlined in consultant guidelines
- Be prepared to work with young children
- Be prepared to assist with occasional lifting of equipment during installations
- Assist with resolving technical problems as quickly as possible
- Assist with checking network backup is working and complete a test recovery
- Assist with on-going technical support tickets are logged and closed and TIO active alerts are dealt with in a reasonable timeframe
- Assist with feedback to the school progress at the end of each visit
- Assist with ensuring that all server recovery material that are required to recover server are readily available at the school and kept in a safe and secure place
- Assist with ensuring school details are entered on the correct system and server details are kept up to date
- Assist if technically possible, ensuring the remote log in software is installed on server and that TIO account is on the server
- Control of documented information e.g. review, amend and approve company documents relating to the role
- Ensure all written (emails) and verbal communication is of the highest level to both internal and external customers
- Customer relations/satisfaction e.g. customer feedback
- Ensure any non-conformances are reported (for any mistakes or complaints etc.)
- To attend apprentices training workshops and complete coursework in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant apprenticeship guidelines
- Ensure excellent communication with schools, manager and other team members
- Work effectively with Team Manager to update progress, ensure best use of weekly hours and resolve or escalate any ongoing issues.
- Complete timesheet accurately and on time via the RTS system or RTS App
- Follow company procedures for placing orders, requesting installations and help ensure that the company are aware of any new opportunities
- To work safely and in accordance with the company’s health & safety policy and procedures and to be aware of your health & safety responsibilities within your team
- To complete ad-hoc tasks as and when required to meet the needs of the business
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Basic Experience & knowledge of ICT and technical issues
- Willing and quick to learn new programs or website interfaces
- Excellent team player
- Excellent customer services skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Committed to make a positive impact to your end users including teachers and pupils
- Adaptable and able to cope with change including travel to a variety of schools
- Able to work independently and good at planning and organising your own time
5 GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English at grade C/4 or above.
You must be dedicated to learning and delivering the TIO support service in a manner that embraces our company values. It is your job to help facilitate communication between your school and TIO and keep up to date with what services TIO can offer.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services