What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will see you develop professional relationships with colleagues eager to share their knowledge, helping you to grow within a friendly team. As part of the role, you will be responsible for:
- Completing diagnostic tests using manual tools and technological devices.
- Working with clients and co-workers to establish a timeframe for the completion of each inspection or repair in accordance with KPI’s.
- Keeping the workshop clean and to standard.
- Highlighting to contract management staff all vehicle defects, identifying faults and repairing as needed.
The key duties include:
- Supporting with performing maintenance inspections and repairs on all vehicles presented with guidance.
Other key duties will include undertaking any other ad hoc duties while providing high standards of courteous interaction with all individuals, including visitors and Serco colleagues. As you gain more experience, your role will become more challenging and varied with more autonomy to take on tasks through your apprenticeship training provider.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be provided with training by our provider, during an agreed upon time during the 36 months you are completing the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme and beyond with endless opportunities for career progression within the business.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade B or above/Grade 9 – 6) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade B or above/Grade 9 – 6) Desired