What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be based at our office at the Cherwell Centre in Heywood. We love having everyone together in our office as we think it’s a pretty special place. We have a wellbeing garden and farm, so if you love animals, and working somewhere a bit different, then come and join.
- Support the work of the business, in the area of HR and to provide the necessary advice and clerical support to fulfil HR administrative tasks
- Monitor staff absence, reporting any concerns in line with PossAbilities sickness & absence procedures
- Liaise with Line Managers in respect of starters, leavers and exit interviews
- Be responsible for the placing of vacancy advertisements and subsequent recruitment management
- Ensure that DBS checks are carried out for all employees and that PossAbilities complies fully with the Disclosure and Barring Service and Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Group 2006.
- Attend meetings as requested, take accurate minutes and prepare papers as necessary.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support services and maintain accurate records and filing systems
- Complete accurate reference requests for current and former employees
- Support employees and managers with payroll queries and provide accurate information to payroll
- Participate in appropriate training and development as required, be responsible in the identification, and undertaking of your own training and development
- Make suggestions for the improvement of services and help to implement these
- Maintain a working knowledge of routine fire safety, health and safety, and safeguarding in line with procedures of Possabilities and current legislation
- Be familiar with and work within our policies and procedures, maintaining records and reports accordingly
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Advanced Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 3 qualification in Human Resources.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Team working, Enthusiastic, Able to multitask, Interpersonal skills, Punctual, Reliable
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential