What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with recruitment activity administration including offers, onboarding and inductions
- Support with the administration of employee contract changes and the employee benefits portal (and schemes)
- L&D co-ordination, administer the training module and eLearning system, work on the training admin cycle
- Support with the administration of leavers
- Support with the administration of the benefits portal including the upload of monthly updates to the relevant systems
- Support with the processing of payroll and administration of pension schemes
- General administration such as management of the team mailboxes, meeting and room bookings, taking notes of meetings, providing reports and MI, updating group structures etc.
- Update organisation structure charts
- Provide support with the People Services Intranet page
- Support with Health & Wellbeing events and ideas
- General HR duties including letter writing and meeting arrangements
- Ad hoc project work
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 HR Support qualification
- Mixture of working from home and office working
- Day release for college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Administrative skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade A*-C/ 5-9) Desired