An amazing opportunity to work for one of the most recognisable hotel brands in the world.
At Hilton you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member- Housekeeping Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 15 months
Hospitality giant, Hilton, is looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join their team as an Apprentice Housekeeper. A highly sought after role, as well as having the opportunity to be mentored by Hilton's experienced staff, you'll also receive on-the-job training working towards a nationally recognised Level 2 in Housekeeping.
What will I be doing?
As a Room Attendant, you are responsible for cleaning guest rooms and replenishing amenities to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Room Attendant will also be required to manage guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean guest bedrooms and bathrooms
- Vacuum rooms and corridors
- Change and replenish bed linen, towels and guest amenities in line with company guidelines
- Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks
- Restock and maintain trolley on daily basis
- Report any missing or damaged items to the Housekeeping Supervisor and own the responsibility to ensure that the items are replaced or repaired so to create an uninterrupted or impaired stay for the Guest
- Ensure that all equipment inside and around Guest rooms as well as in work areas and used when performing housekeeping responsibilities is in working condition
- Be environmentally aware
- Dispose of waste accordingly
- Manage guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Carry out lost property procedures
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
What are the benefits?
Your benefits will include a competitive apprentice salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will have access to further discounts on products and services offered by Hilton and its partners.
Future ProspectsPotential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Reality CheckQualifications Required: The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early. Important Other Info: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.91 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2021.
Skills Required-Positive attitude -Good communication skills -Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service -The ability to deal with enquiries in a professional and polite manner -The ability to stay calm under pressure
Qualities Required- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene - Good team work ethic - Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications RequiredNo qualifications required!
Training ProvidedHospitality Team Member - Housekeeping Apprenticeship Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths