What will the apprentice be doing?
1. To contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment, as a member of an integrated care team, by
undertaking house keeping duties whilst promoting the dignity, privacy and encouragement of
independence of residents.
2. To clean designated areas to ensure they are kept in a hygienic condition.
3. To perform laundry, kitchen and dining room duties, eg washing and ironing of personal clothing and the
home’s linen, laying and clearing tables, washing up.
4. To carry out basic preparation of food.
5. To operate powered equipment including domestic-type laundry equipment.
6. To help with basic house keeping duties such as making beds, care of linen/laundry and clothing and
tidying residents' rooms in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the home, in
accordance with the guidelines on the use of cleaning materials and equipment.
7. To participate in staff meetings, training and development and staff supervision.
8. To comply with all standard procedures concerning the customer's health and welfare.
9. To undertake any other duties, depending on skills and competency to enable the efficient running of the
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
L2 - Healthcare Cleaning Operative - (Health & Science). Full internal training will be provided by us. Additional training will be completed by Smart Training and Recruitment to enable you to receive your Nationally Recognised Diploma as a Healthcare Cleaning Operative.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent career progression for the right candidate
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (Grade C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (Grade C)) Essential