Apprentice Housekeeper - Intermediate (Level 2)
Anchor Trust - St Edith's Court
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of care for the over 55's in the UK. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Apprentice Housekeeper.
If you have an interest in cleaning and possess good time management and organisational skills, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Duties will include:
- Being responsible for the location being clean, pleasant and safe for customers to live in
- Providing an effective and efficient laundry service, delivering a high level of customer care and encourage customer independence and choice to support happy living for the years ahead
- Washing, drying and ironing customers clothes and linen, maintaining an organised washing system
- Ensuring cleaning products are used effectively and instructions are followed
- Managing workload ensuring washing is not mixed up
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times
- Carrying out equipment checks and report concerns regarding equipment to line manager
- Carrying out minor repairs and labelling of clothing as requested by customers
- Assisting in marketing the location by ensuring vacant rooms/properties are prepared for prospective/new customers
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your apprenticeship journey
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expense claim form which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent. Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position and the opportunity to progress within the company.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential
- We are looking for someone has the ability to prioritise and plan around customers' needs and has strong interpersonal skills
- You must have the desire to learn new skills, the ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Someone with a caring nature and who is empathetic
- None required as full training will be provided, but GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths would be an advantage
As an apprentice, you will be included on a Level 2 Healthcare Support Services Apprenticeship specialising in Housekeeping.
Apprenticeships are aimed at developing skills within the apprentices’ chosen career route, each apprenticeship has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of Certificate in Healthcare Support Services, functional skills in maths and English, Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard, they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free