A fantastic opportunity for an apprentice wanting to get their start within the hospitality industry to join The Plough, learn the trade and gain a qualification.
Head Chef Danni has prepared a menu of classic, home cooked British food from fresh, wherever possible, locally sourced ingredients. Our front of house team brings individuality, personality and style to table service making your dining experience memorable.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a structured programme that will develop your skills and knowledge with real life experience, working alongside a professional team within one of our many venues, developing and delivering a high-end food and beverage service. King Arthur standards are high; therefore, successful candidates should be eager to learn, flexible in their approach and have a passion for food, people and delivery. They must have an interest in innovation and creativity with a can-do attitude.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Strive to serve food and beverages to King Arthur Inns standard and specification
- Follow all King Arthur Inns standards in relation to service, speed of service and hospitality
- Prepared to learn from experienced team members on how to work/run all relevant food and beverage areas
- To attend daily briefings and carry out the shift duties assigned by the catering manager within the operational area
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues
- Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements when handling food and/or operating equipment
- Adhere to dress code and personal hygiene standards at all times
- Ensure that you attend work when required by checking the rota on a regular basis
- To adhere to Health & Safety, Fire, Food Safety and licencing regulations at all times
Successful candidate's may be given the opportunity to progress to a higher level Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship where they can work towards becoming a team leader.
- Good customer service skills
- Basic computer literacy would be advantageous
- Good attitude and understanding of health and safety and food safety
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and pro-active approach to work duties and hours
- Committed to completing the Apprenticeship programme by combining work based learning, assessment and independent study
- Forward thinking
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Flexible approach
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard. which includes
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required