As an Apprentice Crew Member, you'll quickly become part of a team, or 'crew', that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience. If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. Specific responsibilities that involve serving customers include working behind the counter on the till and being out in the dining areas looking after our customers' needs.
You'll be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we're looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local business person trading under the McDonald's name. Currently over half of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view there's no difference. For employees there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant. Please refer to additional information for more details.
What will it be like?
Alongside your day to day training you will be working towards your L2 Hospitality Team Member Standard, which will involve a blended social learning experience, delivered on a 121 basis in your work place by one of our expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face to face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype. The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills and behaviours.
You will also be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your manager and assessor throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment.
They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments.
'Delivering the Vital Ingredient'
This is what your job role will involve:
- Prepare the customer's meal with care and respect - give your customers gold standard food and drink every time
- Make the customer's experience special - be genuine, adapt to each customer's needs, be patient and welcoming
- Keep up to date with knowledge on our food and promotions
- Complete tasks and activities in line with training/SOCs, company guidelines and management direction
- Adhere to McDonald's standards of quality, service and cleanliness and follow all workplace safety, security and food hygiene procedures
- Follow the 'Fix Up, Work Sharp' guidelines and take pride in your personal appearance
- Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop!
Are you what we need?
- To join us as an Apprentice Crew Member you'll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people
- Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you and you'll work well as part of a team
- Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must
- You'll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness
- The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential
- Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean
If you feel you can already demonstrate, or quickly learn the above skills, apply now and start your journey towards a rewarding career, with progression opportunities into Supervisor and Management roles.
- 16-17: £7.25
- 21+: £8.72
When working in a McDonald's restaurant, you will have to do a large amount of regular tasks, which follow set procedures. Whilst you will have a rota including a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
- Holiday pay
- Discounts at major high street retailers
- Service awards
- Employee discounts on selected McDonald's food
- Flexible working
- Free staff meals
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for training and development
At McDonald's, you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Friendly and energetic
- Smart and well presented
No previous qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English