Reporting to your Nest Skills Expert your daily duties will include:
- Travel to and from client's locations - some out of Sheffield area
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, door frames, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
Possibility of full-time employment subject to successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Candidates must ensure they have sustainable transport to reach a convenient pick up point in the Sheffield post code area S7 (Nether Edge).
- Communication skills
- Team building skills
- Literacy skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Manual work skills
- Flexible approach - can do attitude
- Meticulous and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Resourceful, result-oriented and strong sense of responsibility with initiative
- Good team player
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Good level of physical fitness
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)