As part of this Apprenticeship you will be enrolled on to the Level 2 Adult Care Worker training programme where you will cover subjects such as safeguarding, communication, equality and inclusion, duty of care and handling sensitive data within the care setting.
You will be supported by your employer and by your training provider whereby you will be given a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you on a 4-6 weekly basis and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session as well as coach and give feedback also support you with your evidence collation.
The programme will last around 15 months and at the end you will complete an end point assessment.
If you are naturally caring and compassionate and you would like to spend your time caring for others, we are looking for people just like you.
If you would like to make a difference to someone's day, every day, we would love to hear from you.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge with a genuine opportunity to make a difference within your local community, you are definitely the person for us.
Now is the time to start a rewarding and varied career in Health & Social Care... No experience necessary as full training and support is given.
Bluebird Care Worcester and Wychavon care for vulnerable adults from the age of 18 in the comfort of their own homes as an alternative to residential care and to free up beds across the NHS. You will travel between customer visits, so all of our Care Assistants must have a full driving licence and a reliable vehicle due to the nature of the role.
- Care Assistant responsibilities include providing support with all aspects of daily life, including personal care such as washing and toileting, companionship, medication prompting and administrating
- Food and drink preparation, shopping
- Liaising with NHS professionals and agencies and accessing the local community
We are well-established and have an excellent local reputation, rated as by the CQC. We welcome applications from experienced Care Assistants and we have also successfully recruited people from Customer Service, Beauty, Travel, Retail and Hospitality as the skills are very transferable into Health & Social Care.
Are you dedicated to helping and always striving to do your absolute best? Are you compassionate, caring and mindful of others? If you answered yes, then we would love to hear from you.
Our Care Assistants benefit from:
- Paid Mileage and Travel Time
- Pension auto-enrolment
- £250 refer a friend bonus scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Owners discretionary annual bonus
- A dedicated Team Leader and Mentor
- Senior Carer shadowing
- Career progression opportunities
Full employment and the opportunity to upskill and gain further qualifications.
You must be 18+ and have your own vehicle due to the nature of the role.
- Team working skills
- Communications skills
- We can teach the rest
We ask all our carers to adhere to and uphold our company values. These include:
- Going above and beyond for our customers
- Operating a wholeheartedly customer-centric approach to care
- Treating each and every customer and colleague with the utmost respect
- Creating a safe, happy environment for customers and colleagues
- Empathetic and friendly nature and a 'can do'
- Practical approach
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Adult care qualification Level 2 including Functional Skills in maths and English if required.