What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Reality CheckThis role will require the successful candidate to work outside in any weather.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 9-4) Desired