o attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the dealer point.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure the dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the company health and safety policy
- Assist technician to carry out repairs according to Renault procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Learn how to and use Renault special tools safely and efficiently
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when must be worn
- Assist with cleaning the workshop
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop supervisor
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Renault image of an efficient and modern retail dealer point
Progression to a higher qualification.
Block release attendance will be required through out the apprenticeship training. Stephenson College is where our Renault Trucks Training Academy is based and all apprentices will attend 5 x 2 week blocks year. Travel and accommodation are provided whilst at college.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers
- The right attitude, determination and commitment
If you have the desire and passion to work in the motor industry, good GCSE grades (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in maths and Science, this could be your first step to a fantastic future at Clugston Distribution.
- HGV Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 maths and English if applicable
Block Release at Stephenson College. Accommodation and meals will be provided.
Requirements will be explained in more detail at the time of assessment/interview.