Volvo Truck and Bus are world leaders in innovation and technical excellence and are one of the world’s leading truck manufacturers. Volvo Truck and Bus are currently recruiting for high quality Apprentices to train as Volvo Technicians through the Volvo Technician Apprenticeship Programme which is considered as one of the best in the industry.
Areas of responsibility include:
- To work with qualified and experienced Technicians learning how to repair and maintain modern trucks, buses and coaches including hybrid technology to the highest standards
- You will be trained how to:repair, service and MOT cutting edge technology trucks, buses and luxury coaches including hybrid
- Working alongside a qualified Technician learning how to carry out repairs according to Volvo procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Accompany Technicians on road tests
- Learn how to use computer aided diagnostic equipment and Volvo special tools, safely and efficiently
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair
- Ensure that the company's time recording procedures are complied with
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop supervisor
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course
- Ensure your College portfolio and modules are completed within the required timescales
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available
- Ensure you adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and rules
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
- Assist with cleaning the workshop
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner
- To work within a team and ensure the highest levels of customer care and support is delivered in a flexible service environment
- Ensure that your equipment, work area and tools are kept clean and maintained reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus Centre image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point
Progression to a higher qualification.
The starting hourly wage for an apprentice aged under 19/19 -20 is £5.38, 21 - 24 year olds will recieve an hourly wage of £7.69 in the first year and apprentices aged 25 and over will recieve £8.17 an hour during the first year of their apprenticeship.
The weekly wage in this advert was calculated using £5.38 an hour.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- Able to adapt and take on new skills and challenges
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry
- Willing to provide an excellent service to our customers
- The right attitude, determination and commitment
- A desire to succeed at College and in the workplace
- If you have the desire and passion to work in the motor industry, GCSE grades Grade D or above (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in mathematics, English and Science
- This could be your first step to a fantastic future in Volvo truck and bus
Standard Level 3 Qualification- HGV Maintenance and Repair:
- Level 3 Standard HGV Maintenance and Repair
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 maths and English
- Block release at Stephenson College
- Accommodation and meals will be provided
Qualification and Block release will be explained in more detail at the time of Assessment/Interview.