Apprentice Healthcare Assistant
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
To complete a Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship within an acute healthcare environment; the successful applicant will receive Induction and training appropriate to the activities he or she will undertake, and following this induction period will be enrolled to the Intermediate (L2) Healthcare or advanced level (3) Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship Standard with our Training provider.
- Undertake delegated work of the multidisciplinary team to assist in the provision of individualised planned patient care under indirect supervision
- Use a degree of initiative to ensure patient’s personal needs are met, and the patient’s condition is reported to qualified staff
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment, by ensuring orderliness and hygiene and safety of the ward/department
- Gain competencies in skills specific to the role and department
At all times ensuring a high standard of care is delivered to patient’s carers and visitors and a kind, caring and professional attitude whilst considering dignity, privacy, cultural and religious needs is maintained.
- Further career progression and/or future job prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and as part of a team
- Communication skills; verbally, in writing and the use of IT
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and e-mail programmes
- Progressive knowledge of nursing practice, policies and procedures to ensure quality patient care and contribution to Trust performance and Trust Objectives
- Interpersonal skills to convey information and work effectively with patients, and maintain good working relations with other healthcare staff
- A desire to work in a hospital environment caring for acutely unwell people with kindness, compassion and with dignity and respect
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English, mathematics and preferably a Science, Physical Education or Health and Social care based subject
- GCSE Grade D (3) or above in English and maths or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths
- Level 2 - Healthcare Support Worker
- Functional Skills if required
Impact Futures delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors they will deliver teaching sessions using various methods including direct teaching, Skype, facetime, telephone and peer virtual classroom whilst using our interactive multi-sensory teaching resources.
With an apprenticeship there is a mandatory 20% off the job training during the apprentice’s paid working. Impact Futures aim is for our learners to have the best possible learning journey that is personalised, motivational and inspiring to them.
Teaching sessions are normally by weekly or monthly depending on the learner’s preferred learning style. Additionally, the tutor will provide the support required to ensure the learner enjoys and ultimately successfully achieve their goals and complete their training.
We want them to feel our team are approachable at any stage of their learning journey Impact Futures delivery of training is through blended learning.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.