University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust are looking to recruit a number of caring, compassionate and motivated individuals to join our group of apprentice healthcare support workers to work at:
- Royal Derby Hospital
- London Road Community Hospital, Derby
- Queens Hospital, Burton
- Samuel Johnson, Lichfield
- Sir Robert Peel, Tamworth
You will be required to work shifts including long days, nights, weekends and bank holidays appropriate to your clinical area. If you require part time hours we can only consider 30 hours per week as the minimum.
About the role:
The Trust is pleased to offer a comprehensive Apprenticeship Programme. The Programme is a structured, 15 month training programme that consists of the following:
- An induction programme providing an insight and development into the skills needed to undertake your new role.
- Supported completion of the Care Certificate within the first 12 weeks of the programme.
- Relevant mandatory training including Resuscitation, Information Governance and Risk Awareness.
- Work placement; working alongside experienced staff in designated areas of the organisation
- Regular study sessions, support and guidance
As an apprentice you will be working in a supported learning environment developing your skills, knowledge and behaviours for the role during the apprenticeship period. You will be working under the supervision of a registered professional, assisting in the delivery of high standards of essential care. This is an exciting opportunity to take a first step into a career in healthcare.
Annual Salaries are as follows:
AGES 16-Under 18 - £10,707 per annum WTE- for this age group you will work an 8 hour shift pattern excluding nights
For all of the age groups below, you will work 12 hour shift patterns including weekends and nights.
AGES 18 - 20 - £12,612 per annum WTE
AGES 21-24 - £16,033 per annum WTE
AGES 25+ - £17,050 per annum WTE
There is no upper age limit for you to undertake your apprenticeship with us! Not only will you have the opportunity to undertake your Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health; you will also be automatically eligible for positions within our organisation, in line with your qualification i.e. Healthcare Assistant, on successful completion of your qualification.
Annual Leave - 20 days per annum for the first 12 months and then 20 days pro rata for the remaining 3 months (plus Bank holidays for the full period)
This is an amazing opportunity to start, change or develop your career!
Through completion of this apprenticeship you will gain comprehensive training in the role of a health care worker whilst obtaining valuable work experience; this will underpin your competency in the work place and develop a wide range of transferable skills.
Please ensure that you tell us in your supporting information:
- Why do you want to undertake this Apprenticeship?
- What can you offer to our organisation?
State clearly which location you would prefer to work in.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must have clear, legible handwriting
- Have basic computer keyboard skill
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Be punctual, friendly, motivated
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Flexible due to the requirement of working an internal rotation
- The ability to demonstrate a caring and compassionate disposition and commitment to work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Adaptable to the changing environment
- Conscientious, caring, respectful and personable
- You must have GCSE Maths & English 3-9(A-D) or equivalent qualification e.g. Functional Skills Level 1
- Please state clearly on your application form each individual qualification you have obtained that is essential for the role
Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker