Qube Learning are working with Avery Healthcare to help find an Apprentice Healthcare Assistant. The successful candidate will complete an Adult Care Worker Level 2 qualification (dependant on experience), lasting 15 months.
During your apprenticeship you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor, who will make regular appointments virtually or face to face, to support you throughout your qualification.
Your apprenticeship will be completed 100% at the workplace.
You will be paid between £9.03 - £12.50
• Deliver high quality care, ensuring residents receive care based on best practice.
• Assist residents in all their personal hygiene care ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals at all times.
• Serve meals and beverages when required, encouraging and assisting those residents who require additional attention/support at meal service.
• Carry out care activity in accordance with the care plan for residents.
• Ability to recognise and understand clinical risk areas in residents e.g. weight loss, pressure sores, risk of falls, sign of infections and escalate any identified risks in a timely manner
• Ensure bedroom and en-suite areas are kept clean and tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen, maintaining en-suite cleanliness.
• Responsible for the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including bedside tables, commodes and wheelchairs.
• Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and colleagues.
• Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and assisting of residents, fire safety and evacuation procedures.
• Understand personal responsibilities with regard to confidentiality and GDPR
• Understand your personal responsibilities for infection prevention and control
• Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
• Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
• Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks e.g.- hoists, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
• Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
• To attend and contribute in Staff meetings
• Attend appropriate internal and external training courses, supervisions and appraisals to maintain own personal development.
• To adhere to home policies and procedures.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder.
Future ProspectsCareer progression available on completion of Apprenticeship.
Reality CheckYou must be 18 or close to turning 18 to be considered for this job role due to the nature of the role and sector.
Skills Required-Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing -Demonstrate initiative and be respectful towards the residents and other people in the home -Efficient worker who can carry reasonable instructions from other team members -Have a positive attitude to enhancing care of the residents -Demonstrate a caring and compassionate approach towards the residents and families -Able to be adaptive and flexible to cover a range of responsibilities at short notice
Qualities RequiredCaring- I am fully committed to both providing and supporting staff to deliver care with kindness to our residents. I will always go the extra mile for my residents and my team Innovative- I will always endeavour to be creative in seeking person centred opportunities in which a residents needs can best met in accordance with their own wishes Open- I recognise the value of working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring by actively listening I give a voice to all. I work openly and honestly as part of an effective team that are not afraid to admit when mistakes have been made. Supportive- I will always share good ideas and best practice and encourage team members to do the same, which in turn will support both residents and team members to feel valued and nurtured therefore enabling them to achieve their full potential. Inclusive- I am fully committed to ensuring all residents, and members of staff are treated fairly, feel they belong and are supported to participate in all opportunities that they wish, either inside the home or the wider community.
Qualifications RequiredGCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Level 2 Adult care qualification including Functional Skills in maths and English if required