You will develop valuable practical experience by working in a salon environment and being exposed to a high standard of professional hairdressing on a day to day basis.
As a junior in a salon assisting senior team members, you will have many responsibilities. These will include:
- Booking appointments
- Shampooing and conditioning hair
- Drying and styling hair
- Mixing and applying dyes and colourants, and perming and relaxing different types of hair
You will learn the principles of hair colouring and the effect that chemicals can have on the skin, including understanding what an allergic reaction is, and the reasons for applying a skin test. You will also learn about the range of products available for sale, their benefits, and how to promote them to clients.
- Opportunity once qualified at Level 2 to progress onto Advanced Level Apprenticeships
- Be a great communicator
- Strong work ethic
- Be a quick thinker
- Be creative
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- No entry requirements needed
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 24-month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard