Apprentice Hair Stylist
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Working towards the new apprenticeship standard of hair professional, you will be expected to excel during the training period and pass the End Point Assessment.
Reporting to the salon owner, the key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Meet and greet clients
- Walk in and appointed service
- Provide consultation services for hairdressing - male and female
- Drying and styling hair
- Colouring hair
- Perming hair
- Dealing with all hair types
- Handling telephone enquiries and appointments
- Handling money with responsibility for the till
- General housekeeping - cleaning, restocking products
- Promoting products and services
- Working in a team
Excellent workplace support and mentoring will be given, covering all aspects.
Sustained employment opportunity offered to the successful candidate who develops their skills base and provides measurable impact to the team.
Candidates should ensure they have sustainable transport to reach both the employer location of: 354 - 356 Fulwood Road, Ranmoor, Sheffield, S10 3GD.
- Good communication skills, speaking and listening
- Team building skills
- Literacy skills
- Organisational skills
- Manual work skills
- Interest in hair styling - all hair types
- Able to cope with the demands of the role
- High level of personal presentation
- Professional outlook
- Good attitude to career development
- A 'can do' attitude
- Team player
- Good sense of humour
4 GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-D/9-3 in English Language and Maths.
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Independent End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1 (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.