We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a keen interest in construction to undertake an apprenticeship in groundworks. Working with a Civil Engineering and Groundworker company that delivers infrastructure, highway, housing, site enabling and remedial works, the successful candidate will be carry out a range of ground worker duties, learning the skills involved through a combination of on the job training and theoretical learning provided buy a course provider.
The candidate will be expected to become part of a team on site, and have a willingness to undertake various tasks throughout the course of each day/week. Some of the types of work the candidate will be undertaking are listed below, but not limited to:
• Assisting excavation of foundations
• Checking levels
• Interpreting plans and marking the information on the ground
• Understanding and installation of various types of pipework
• Working with various materials from timber to concrete to steel
• Supervising excavations
• Laying of kerbs, edgings and slabs
• A general understanding of basic machinery and power tools
• Working safely within a construction environment
There would also be training and use of basic hand tools, laser levels, concrete breakers, pumps, disc cutters, basic power tools and the potential to progress onto gaining machinery tickets such as dumper and roller (subject to training and age requirements.)
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential opportunity for full time employment.
- Applicant must be 18+ (due to insurance)
- The applicant must have a CSCS card or be in the process of taking a CSCS Test.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
The right candidate will :
• Have a willingness to learn.
• Be able to take instruction from others.
• Be pro-active and able to take initiative.
• Have good organisation skills.
• Have the ability to work in a team.
• Not be afraid to work outside in all weathers.
* Be 18+ due to site insurance restrictions.
- CSCS Card
- Minimum Grade D/3 English & maths GCSE or equivalent
- Own transport and full license preferred but not essential
Training will be provided by MT Training