This is an excellent opportunity to take your first steps into developing your career as a Groundworker apprentice working within a well established company. This Apprenticeship will involve working across the public and private sector, providing an array of construction solutions, including refurbishments and new builds.
Groundworkers are the first trade on to a construction and civil engineering site and they work closely with supervisors and engineers in interpreting design specifications to prepare the site ready for the structural building works to take place. They continue their work throughout the construction phase, working with all on-site construction trades, such as bricklayers and plant
operatives, up to and including the final completion activities of the project. This Apprenticeship will include formal training from an external Training Provider as well as working alongside qualified staff, learning all aspects of Groundworks including:-
- Setting out and preparing the sub-surfaces ready for the structural work to begin.
- Interpreting plans and drawings.
- Site clearance.
- Helping to prepare site.
- Unloading and storing building materials.
- Marking out and digging trenches for foundations.
- Preparing footings.
- Installing drainage systems.
- Assisting with house and road drainage works including plastic drainage or SUDS system – sustainable drainage system.
- Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations and floors.
- Constructing roads and pathways.
- Understanding types of ground and materials.
- Understanding technical drawings.
- Installation of utilities.
- Building commercial foundations.
- Carrying out finished hard landscaping.
- Working with a banksman.
- Dumper/digger/360 excavator training & operation.
- General labouring.
- Keeping work area clean and tidy.
- Adhering to Health & Safety.
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there is opportunity to be offered full time employment.
The successful candidate will be required to take and pass a Drug and Alcohol test and the CSCS test as a condition of any offer of employment.
Own transport would be preferable to travel to different sites.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate good communication skills as they will be working as a part of a team.
The right candidate will be able to follow directions accurately and be able to complete task in a timely manner.
They must be able to lift, bend and undertake manual work and use relevant equipment.
The successful candidate needs to be willing and prepared to undertake outside work in all weather conditions.
The right candidate will be hard working, have a can do attitude, be willing to work outdoors in all weather.
They will need to be a team player.
Minimum GCSE grade D/3 in Maths and English or equivalent.
Groundworker Level 2.
Training to be provided by external Training Provider in workplace with theory and practical sessions.