Apprentice Groundsman - Intermediate (Level 2)
Heveningham Hall Estate
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
As a Groundsperson on this large estate, duties could include but not limited to:
- Use and service of ride-on-mowers and equipment
- Preparing areas for seeding and planting
- Preparing & maintaining planted areas
- Maintaining all aspects of grounds and maintenance of hedges, planted areas and surfaces
- Maintain, repair & identify specific areas of the grounds
- Use and service non-powered and hand held powered tools and equipment
- Maintain and develop outstanding professional personal skills
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times
For the right person the opportunity to gain more qualifications will be offered as well as permanent employment.
This apprenticeship requires outdoor work - in all weather conditions.
- Good communication
- Problem solving
- Understanding of basic tools and equipment
- Working out areas and quantities and common sense
- Positive attitude
- Attention to details
- Able to build positive working relationships
- An appreciation of the environment and heritage of the workplace is also required
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate Apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be visited in the workplace by a qualified assessor and supported in the workplace by an allocated mentor on a daily basis. Occasional attendance to the Suffolk Rural (Otley) Campus will be required and discussed on enrolment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.