We usually have 7 horses in work, they range from 3 years old which are in for backing through to 7/8-year old’s jumping 1.40 plus. We have three brood mares and young stock, these are in over winter and deep littered. The job is very varied, backing young horses, going to shows and handling foals and young stock.
The yard is beautiful, and accommodation is very good. We have part time staff to help out and Daisy who is 19 (My Daughter) runs the yard and is the main competition rider. We go abroad every year and shows most weeks.
Applicant must be confident around horses, have a positive hard working, can do attitude.
Duties will include:
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
Possibility to progress onto the Level 3 apprenticeship upon completion of the level 2.
A beautiful yard and beautiful accommodation.
- Experience with horses is a must
- Kind and passionate about horses
Ability to complete L1/L2 Functional Skills.
Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full apprenticeship training delivered by Haddon Training.