SPL is a well established livery yard with a capacity of up to 20 horses. We provide a high quality, professional and friendly service to clients in a beautiful part of Wiltshire. The horses and their care/routine are priority and we pride ourselves in creating a relaxed atmosphere in which they can work to their best ability.
General duties to include;
- Mucking out (poo picking in summer)
- Maintaining yard cleanliness & appearance
- Attending for vet/farrier/dentist/clinic days etc
- Paddock maintenance (electric fence erecting/dismantling)
- Menage maintenance (harrowing/quad)
- Facility maintenance (e.g. painting/weeding
- Administration/business management tasks if interested
- Customer care
- Assisting with RDA if interested (one day a week)
- Social Media/websites if interested
- Turning out/bringing in (incl. rug changes)
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Riding (hacking/schooling/opportunity to compete at RC level)
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging/pessoa/potential for online/liberty etc.)
- Assisting at annual camps and other events if interested
A possibility of a full time position on completion of apprenticeship.
Accommodation is available, it is a very nice apartment attached to the house.
- Horse Care experience is an advantage
- Hard working
- Willingness to learn new skills
Ability to complete L1/L2 Functional Skills.
- Level 2 Equine Groom Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Training provided through Haddon Training Apprenticeships.