What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for individuals who want to begin and build a career within Administration by joining our Apprenticeship programme. Our minimum entry requirements are grade C/4 or above or equivalent in Maths, English. You need to be confident using computer software, including Microsoft Office and email. You will also need to be a team player with good communication skills both in person and in writing. You will be well organised, keen to learn and develop and gain experience within administration.
Your key responsibilities:
· Dealing with queries via phone, in person, email and mail
· Filing and logging post
· Liaising with third parties regarding clearance checks
· Updating information on a secure system
· Checking applicant’s details and querying if necessary
· Making accountable decisions on an applicant’s security check
· Compiling management reports using excel
· Adhering to Data Protection (training will be provided)
· Use of various portals and websites for different checks relevant to each customer specific clearance
· Good working Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
· Plans & organises own workload
· Good attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal, literacy and numerical skills and ability to build relationships
· Problem solver
· Awareness of discretion and confidentiality
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship will give you the qualification of an Advanced Level 3 in Business & Administration, you will achieve this by splitting your time completing your online course alongside work experience at Computacenter.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship lasts for 18 months on a fixed term contract. Whilst there is no guarantee of a permanent job at the end of the contract, successful completion of the apprenticeship programme could lead to a full-time position at Computacenter.
Reality CheckYou will need to do additional training if you do not have English and Maths GCSE or equivalent prior to joining the programme. If you are confident using computer software; MS Office and eager to learn and develop. You will need to gain Security Clearance so will need to have lived in the UK for 5 years and willing to go through the checks.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade A-C or 5-8) Desired