Main duties will include:
- To assist fully trained gas Engineers on a day to day activities servicing, repairing and installing gas appliances / heating systems within customers properties
- Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention as supervised
- Accurately complete documentation including legislative documentation accurately and timely in line with policy and procedure
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness of services
- Understand and comply with Health and Safety in the workplace following safety policies and procedures, helping to identify and reduce hazards
- To attend in-housing training and college as required including participation in the apprentice review process
- Comply with Gasway confidentiality and information security polices at all times.
- To act as an ambassador for Gasway at all times
Successful Apprentices will be offered a position within the company following completion of their Apprenticeship. A structured development path will be implemented for all newly qualified Engineers supporting continued development of competence – competence and performance are linked to pay progression.
We also offer opportunities for further training and development such as commercial qualifications and oil.
Candidates will need the:
- Ability to work in external environments.
- Ability to undertake work involving bending, lifting and working at height.
- Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post.
- Driving Licence - although not required as an Apprentice, driving is a paramount requirement when a qualified Gas Engineer and therefore a willingness to learn to drive essential.
- 22 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Full Company Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Good attention to detail
- Good at problem solving
- Good practical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment and a strong work ethic
- Able to use initiative
- Takes ownership
- Well organised
- Flexible approach to work
- A positive attitude
For this Level 3 Apprenticeship course, applicants will need a total of 3 to 5 GCSEs at grade (A*-C) or (9-4) which includes:
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in English
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in Science
- GCSE grade (A*-B) or (5-9) in maths
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Gas Engineering Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
For the End Point Assessment, apprentices will undertake a synoptic knowledge assessment, synoptic practical assessment, and synoptic interview.
All gas apprentices will achieve Gas Safe Registration.